8.16.2012

Indulge In {Mom's Banana Bread}


There is no doubt I have an infatuation with good eats, and I believe that it's genetic. While I get my desire to experiment with flavors from my dad, I definitely get my love of down home favorites from my mom. From her white wine mac n' cheese to the oven fried chicken, she sure knows how to break my diet and get me to give in to my inner cravings. My all time favorite that she makes though, I have to say is her banana bread. It's light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness. I like to pretend it's healthy, because it's loaded with bananas. Her secret? A topping of cinnamon sugar! Here's the recipe....

:: Ingredients ::

2 1/3 c. Bisquick
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 lg. very ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cups)
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. chopped nuts (optional)
2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar

:: Directions ::
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together Bisquick, sugar, oil and eggs, beat well. 
3. Stir in bananas. Add vanilla and nuts. Top with cinnamon sugar. 
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in greased loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment