5.31.2012

Indulge In {Caprese Grilled Cheese}

It's Thursday which means I'm back with another indulgence. Today it's not a sweet indulgence (my favorite!) but a savory one. This past weekend, I decided to be inspired by the food truck inventions I've been loving lately. With grilled cheeses planned for a rainy Memorial Day, I figured why not kick it up a notch and grilling my favorite salad between two buttery slices of bread. Complete with fresh basil, juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and savory balsamic vinegar, this is not your mama's grilled cheese. Pressed between two slices of buttery Italian bread, I couldn't ask for a tastier sandwich, and frankly I think I'm starting to catch up with those food truck treats. Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients (Makes 1 Sandwich) ::
3 Leaves Fresh Basil
2 Slices Vine Ripe Tomatoes
1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 Slices Italian Bread
2 Tablespoons Butter

:: Directions ::
1. Spray a medium sized pan with non-stick spray and turn to medium-high heat.
2. Butter each piece of bread placing the first piece butter side down in the pan. 
3. Sprinkle half the cheese on the bread in the pan, cover till partially melted.
4. Drizzle with balsamic, salt and pepper. Place basil, tomatoes and the remaining cheese and cover with the other piece of bread.
5. Flip sandwich and cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Slice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment