10.27.2011

Delightful Dining {White Chicken Chili}

What's more fall than chili? The answer, nothing. Let's face it, cold weather calls for something warm, hearty and delicious. So the other night, in a quest for such a dish, I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest none the less. Not only did it sound major delish, it was crazy easy. Seriously. Dump everything in a pot, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Done. That's it. No joke. Oh and plus, it's pretty good for you! I bet you're intrigued now. And seeing as you are now so intrigued, I will share the recipe with you! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cups cooked chicken (I boiled my own chicken, but after that was done R suggested I should have just used can chicken, which probably would have saved some time.), shredded
  • 2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
  • Kosher salt (to taste)
  • Pepper (to taste)
  • 1 lime, juice (I may have skipped the lime because honestly I just don't remember. Either way it was good!)
    Directions:
    1. In a large pot, saute the onion and cook until it starts to become translucent.
    2. Once the onion is done, add shreds of chicken, Great Northern Beans, corn, green chilies (with juice from can), cumin and oregano to the large pot. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and then add the chicken broth.
    3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow the broth to reduce. Add salt and pepper (to taste) and juice from one whole lime. (You can add 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro if you desire. I personally don't like cilantro so I serve it as a side.)
    4. Leave simmering on stove until ready to serve.
    5. Serve with sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded Pepper Jack cheese, avocado or tortilla chips.
    Enjoy! xo


    No comments:

    Post a Comment