10.06.2011

Delightful Dining {Stuffed Peppers}

So a couple of weeks ago I went on a little trip back home to visit my parents for the weekend. And being the good parents that they are, they sent me home with food! Namely their leftovers, but when your parents are as good of cooks as mine are, then leftovers are a delight! Anyways, they sent me home with these delicious stuffed tomatoes.  And being the food hog that I am, poor R didn't get to eat any of it. Feeling kind of bad for taking all the deliciousness to myself, I decided to try to recreate the recipe but with peppers. I had seriously thought the good cook gene had passed me by, but after this creation, maybe I do have it! Plus these are super easy, quick, and you can add whatever you have in the fridge! Here's what I did....

For the Stuffing (makes enough for 4 peppers): 
{1} 1 lb. ground beef
{2} 1 package taco seasoning
{3} 1 can Rotel tomatoes
{4} Brown rice
{5} Salt and Pepper to taste

{make it} Start your rice and cook according to box instructions. While the rice is cooking, brown your meat. When the meat is almost done cooking, add the taco seasoning and coat your meat. Once the meat is coated, add your can of Rotel tomatoes.  When the rice is done, mix that in as well. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff your peppers and put in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until peppers have softened. 

{additions} For those of you who don't suffer from dairy allergies, I do believe that a drizzle of queso on top would be delicious after it comes out of the oven. Or even better, right before you put it in the over, sprinkle some cheese on top and melt it in the oven! 

No comments:

Post a Comment