9.22.2011

Delightful Dining {Vanilla Bean Coconut Peanut Butter}

It's true. I just said Vanilla Bean Coconut Peanut Butter. I mean, how can you go wrong. A) I love vanilla bean. A lot. B) I love coconut even more than I love vanilla bean. And C) I live off peanut butter. Seriously, I have to have my own jar in the pantry and if someone else touches it, I freak. So, imagine the scream I let out when I stumbled upon this on Pinterest (my other obsession). I'm imagining this on a crostini and topped with chocolate shavings. Or even better, a vanilla bean coconut peanut butter and nutella sandwich. Okay, I have to stop because I'm starting to droll on my computer and I really can't afford to soak my keyboard again and have to have it replaced...again. I can't wait to try this recipe from Tasty Kitchen! Here it is...
   Ingredients
  • 1-½ cup Roasted, Salted Peanuts
  • ¼ cups Coconut Butter
  • 2 teaspoons Cane Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
  • Preparation Instructions
  • Place peanuts into the bowl of a food processor. Process until peanuts break down into a paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 3-5 minutes.
  • With the motor running, stream the coconut butter in through the feed tube and continue processing until well-combined and smooth.
    Add in the sugar and vanilla bean paste and process until incorporated. That’s it!
    I store my nut butters at room temperature. Some oil separation may occur with this peanut butter; just give it a good stir before eating.
    *If you don’t have a food processor, simply stir 1 cup lightly salted unsweetened creamy peanut butter (instead of the peanuts) together with the other ingredients until smooth and well-combined.

    Let me know if you try it! I can't wait to hear what you think about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment