5.29.2011

Weekend Wine Down: Watermelon Cooler

With the weekend grill out in full force, I decided to concoct a little Memorial Day treat. Full of flavor, and incredibly refreshing, this watermelon cooler has summer written all over it.  Looks enticing right? I adapted this recipe from one Bobby Flay did for Food & Wine.  Here's my version!

  • Ice
  • 1/2 of a Fresh Watermelon
  • 3 Handfulls of Blueberries
  • Juice of 1 Lime
  • 1/4 C Water
  • 1/4 C Sugar
  • Tequila
Directions:
  • Cut up the watermelon in to small pieces and blend it up. Once blended, strain in a small strainer to remove any pulp and seeds.  Make sure you press on the blended watermelon to get all of the juice. Set aside
  • Place the water on the stove and boil.  Once boiled, pour in the sugar and stir till dissolved to create a simple syrup.
  • In a large pitcher, mix the simple syrup, watermelon juice, ice, lime and blueberries.  
  • When adding the tequila, add as much as you like.  I have a heavy hand and really like tequila so I tend to pour a little more than the average person.  In my opinion, you can't go wrong with however much you add.
Let me know how you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment